About this feature
Some organisations may want to monitor checkins in real-time to: verify everyone is providing their details, manage capacity restrictions, provide a concierge checkin service, or provide a self-service kiosk for people checkin and checkout.
Early access: This feature has been under development for many months and is ready for general use. It is currently free during the initial release phase. In February a small monthly fee will be introduced for continued use.
- Reception/waiting areas. Verify that each person entering the location has provided their details and checked in correctly.
- Events & high traffic venues. Manage capacity in real-time and put people queuing to enter a location into a virtual waiting room.
- Non-QR code users. Provide concierge checkin/checkout services for people without a device or requiring assistance (e.g. elderly) with checking in.
- Critical care facilities. View and manage (triage) people that fail a health questionnaire in real-time in aged care and medical facilities.
- Limited access role. Limit access to the portal via a unique passphrase for staff/security personnel to access the portal without requiring users accounts.
- Waiting room. Put new checkins in a waiting room where their access can be approved or rejected via the portal with real-time updates on their device.
- Concierge for checkin/checkout. Checkin and checkout people on their behalf, and view people whom have checked out or auto-expired.
- Unique QR code and URL. Similar to the QR code and URL for a checkin portal, each real-time Panel has a unique QR code and URL that can be shared with staff,
- Red notices. View red notices in real-time in their own section at the top of the portal and triage them one at a time once they have been investigated.
- Self service portal. Enable self-service mode to allow people to checkin/checkout themselves and to hide personal details.
- Hide checkout & auto-expiry details. If not required, hide the list of people checked out people and/or the list of checkins that have automatically expired.
- Custom background colour. Customise the background colour of the real-time portal using a hex value e.g. #009999 (use the Google colour picker).
- Works on mobile/tablet/desktop. This portal is designed to respond automatically to the device's screen size to provide a great experience.
- Auto-refresh. Whilst the updates are real-time, the screen remains static telling you updates are available. Optionally, you can also auto-refresh every 3 seconds.
Using this feature
- Head to your location overview page
- Find the green box called "Real-time panel"
- Click the "Create real-time panel" button
- Click the "Create panel" button
- (optional) Click "Edit panel" to change the panel's settings
- Click the "Open/view panel" link (to the right of the "Download PNG qrcode" link)
- Security settings. Secure access to your real-time checkin portal using a unique, resettable passphrase delivered automatically via email to your team
- Virtual queue/waiting room. Manage location/venue capacity in real-time by placing new checkins in a waiting room where they can be approved or rejected.
- Real-time self service portal. Turn your real-time checkin data management portal into a publicly accessible, privacy-aware, secure self-service portal.
- Capture checkout data. Ask people who have to checked in to also checkout when leaving the location and track the checkout time and total duration of visit.
- Automatically expire checkins. Set a time period of time after which checkins will automatically expire, inform the person checkin of location-based time limitations.
- Instant "Red Notice" recording and alerts. Capturing and storing checkin attempts that meet failing criteria with instant notifications.
- Location capacity management. Manage location capacity by configuring a maximum number of people/patrons to enter the location at any one time.