About this feature
By default, checkins do not expire. This is suitable for most use cases however high traffic locations with set periods of time such as cinemas, churches, and so on require a solution to help optimise capacity management numbers in time blocks.
- The person is made aware. At the top of the success screen, and in the main summary, the person checking in is shown the expiration click time.
- Extend a check-in time period. After 15 minutes, people already checked in will be able to extend their checkin time by 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
- Extension upper bound. A person seeking to extend their checkin time period allowed cannot extend their total checkin time beyond the maximum amount.
- Total extension count/time. The total number of times the checkin has been extended, and the total extension time is shown on the success page.
- Current capacity tally. When a checkin has automatically expired, the current capacity limit will decrease by the number of people associated with the checkin.
- Download information. When downloading data the expiry date and time will be shown, along with the number of times and the total time the checkin was extended.
- View summary of time remaining. A person who is already checked in can scan a checkin QR code (whilst already checked in) to view their checkin summary.
- Multiple email addresses/phone numbers. Provide multiple contact methods separated by commas to deliver the notifications to multiple inboxes/devices.
- Your responsibility. It is your responsibility to manage your current location capacity tally. You should have processes in place to ensure people are not staying in your location after their checkin has automatically expired.
Using this feature
- Click the "Edit location" button
- Expand the "Checkout / Capacity" tab
- Find the "Auto-expire checkins" section
- Change the number to any value (value must be in minutes)
- Hit "Save"
Disable the feature
Remove the value in the "Auto-expire checkins" field and hit "Save". This will turn off the auto-expire feature entirely. This will not impact checkins that have been created prior to this feature being disabled.
- Capacity management. Manage venue/location capacity/quotas by configuring a maximum number of people/patrons to enter the location at any one time.
- Capture checkout data. Ask people who have to check in to also check out when leaving the location and track the checkout time and total duration of the visit.
- SMS/Email notifications. Instantly receive automated notifications via email and/or SMS for a variety of notification types