About this feature
You can capture a person's temperature in the check-in portal and prevent them from entering a location and completing a check-in if their temperature exceeds the upper or lower limit for entering the location.
Example interaction flow
1) Health safety officer checks the individual's temperature:
- If their temperature is unacceptable, verbally communicate their temperature to them and tell them to go home and get tested
- If their temperature is acceptable to ask, verbally communicate their temperature to them, and tell them to scan the QR
2) The individual scans the QR code and completes the check-in form
3) The individual shows a health officer or staff member the check-in success page
- If you'd like to verify the temperature entered into the check-in the success page should be shown to the health safety officer that initially provided the individual's temperature
- If the verification of temperature is not required, then any staff member or health officer can verify the check-in completion.
- Temperature units. A temperature unit is not specified to allow either to be used. Do not mix temperature units in the process and use your normal units.
- Calculated decimal precision. There is no limit to the number of decimals that can be used to record or set limits for temperature measurements.
- Displayed decimal precision. The check-in success page will show decimals rounded to two decimal points, the download data will not be rounded.
- Historical data. Each check-in line item will display the at-time configuration of upper and lower limits meaning historical data will be unaffected by changes.
- Limits are inclusive. When setting an upper or lower temperature limit, the limits will be inclusive e.g. a limit of 38.9 will accept submitted values of 38.9.
- Limits are optional. If the limits are not set, the lower and upper default limits are 30 and 120 respectively ( body temperature extremes in Celcius and Fahrenheit).
Using the feature
- Click the "Edit Location" button
- Expand the "Health details" tab
- Find the "Temperature measurement capture" section
- Turn on the checkbox
- (optional) Set an upper limit and/or lower limit
- Hit "Save"
- Health questionnaire for general use. Ask an interactive health COVID-19 questionnaire to identify if an individual should be in isolation or get tested.