About this feature
Start capturing additional location-related data from the person checking in. The default text asked people checking in "Area/Table number" but this can be changed to whatever you require.
Example use cases
- Hospitality. Some governments require organisations to track where a patron is sitting within a venue which you can do by asking for "Table Number".
- Real-estate. Track customer and staff at each listing event (auction or viewing) using a unique code to identify the property by asking for "Property ID".
- Stadiums. Basketball venues can be separated into annexes (one location per annex), and then courts within each annex by asking for "Court Number".
- Default configuration. By default, this field is a free text field that validates to ensure at least one character has been provided by the user.
- Pre-defined options. You can provide up to 12 pre-defined, clickable options that replace the free text field. Contact us if you require more than 12 options.
- Not saved to pre-fill next time. When a user saves their data, answers provided here are not saved, and therefore pre-filled on the next scan.
- Multiple selection options. By default, people will only be able to select one option. You can change this to allow one or many options to be selected.
Using this feature
- Click the "Edit Location" button
- Expand the “Internal Location” tab
- Find the "Area/Table number capture" section
- Turn on the checkbox
- (optional) Modify the "Area/Table number text"
- (optional) Provide up to 12 predefined, selectable options (separated with ", ")
- Hit "Save"